Speculators play a key role in efficient markets by providing on-demand liquidity and more stable pricing. Without speculators, fewer entities would participate—resulting in fewer transactions, wider bid/ask spreads, more volatile pricing and the potential inability to find a counterparty for a desired trade.
The blockchain technology employed in the primary and secondary markets of DelphX facilitates both active and opportunistic speculation. Through dynamic and informed competition, DelphX participants can profit from even modest increases and decreases in the market pricing of protection for any referenced issue.
Participants can negotiate speculative secondary trades of Collateralized Put Options™ (CPOs), Collateralized Reference Notes™ (CRNs) and the referenced/underlying cash bonds, and also negotiate speculative purchases of bespoke new CPOs and CRNs they intend to later sell in the DelphX secondary market.
Employing blockchain-powered Sentin≡l™ functionality, participants can dynamically monitor and respond to all pending orders in the primary and secondary markets of DelphX, by:
- Creating digital profiles of scenarios and conditions that meet their potential transaction interests
- Receiving immediate Sentin≡l Alerts as orders that meet their specified scenarios and conditions are detected in the DelphX market
- Setting parameters upon which executable contra-orders will be automatically created in their blotter for manual or automatic entry and execution of detected orders.
Through this continuous search/report/respond process, every order entered or revised by another party triggers an immediate series of actions that optimize the participant’s ability to speculate on even the subtlest of price movements within DelphX.
The dynamic operation of Sentin≡l also causes a synergistic series of nearly immediate events to occur upon the entry or adjustment of every order on DelphX. For example, the entry of a single buy order for a CPO with underlying security A will cause the following events to simultaneously occur:
- A corresponding sell order for the CRN linked to the pending CPO will be automatically posted to the CRN order book for underlying security A.
- All participants with Sentin≡l profiles containing interests in new CRN orders, pending orders relating to security A (or its sector, etc.), price movements of a certain percentage, and other applicable trading interests, will immediately receive executable Sentin≡l alerts
- Participants receiving these alerts can then manually or automatically:
- Elect to purchase the Pooled-Risk or Non-Pooled version of the newly offered CRN
- Execute the sell order at the offered coupon and purchase price resulting from its risk election
- Enter a new buy order for the offered CRN at an alternative coupon amount (which will, in turn, trigger its own viral series of interactions)
- Enter a latent buy order that is automatically posted in the future if its specified posting requirements are met within the time specified by the participant.
A Better Bond Market
Default risk is too concentrated. The market is nontransparent. Too few issues can be protected. DelphX addresses these problems, providing guaranteed credit protection, deeper market liquidity and enhanced investor yields.
Read the White Paper
Request a Demo
Request a demonstration of the DelphX utilities and learn more about how their innovative features can benefit your firm.
Request a Demo
Join the DelphX Team
We're expanding our Team.
Find out if there is a role for you.